Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Time away

Looking at my calendar this morning, I was very pleased to discover two things...for one, now that I've written in weekend trips to Cornwall and to visit Rob and Nicole in Guildford, my weekends in June are now fully booked. And for the other, I have already been granted the time off for my two weeks in the States in July, and in the near future, I plan to turn in a request for two more weeks in August for a vacation with Maja (most likely in Turkey). Which means that is basically a month (4 weeks total) I'm not spending working at this current rotation! Woohoo!! Although I have to say, given that I love OT, it makes me sad to be so desperate for time away from it. Hopefully that will change with whatever rotation I have next.

Meanwhile, an update on those two patients the physio and I wanted to send to inpatient rehab, or Intermediate Care. Via the head nurse, both consultants have "caved" for lack of a better word, and the referrals were sent off this morning. Now we have to wait until the assessments are carried out this week, to see if they are accepted for Intermediate Care.

No comments: