Friday, September 22, 2006

Wake me up, when September ends

I had to bring the bag of candy corn into work, or I would have eaten all of it myself. Most people seemed to enjoy it, although one of the nurses thought it was a bit too sweet. And as far as working here at the day hospital goes, I've only got one week left!!! Next Friday is my last day. I can't believe all the things I've done in the past seven months...I've been to Italy, France, Bosnia, Turkey, the US (Vermont and Hawaii), and have been many places in the UK as well, from Durham and York on down to Bournemouth and Poole. It feels like it's been more than 7 months actually, more like a year. And it feels odd to say that because usually it feels like time is flying, so I should be saying something more like the last 7 months have felt like only 3 months, or something.

Anywho, September has been "unseasonably" warm over here, with yesterday's temps being in the low 80's I believe, with bright sunshine. This morning has been a bit rainy and cool, but generally speaking it's been a lovely month. I hope it continues into October, or that we at least have an Indian summer toward the end of October/November. As usual, this time of year has been making me nostalgic for field hockey, not just because of my love of the game, but the excuse to be outside for late fall afternoons.

No comments: