Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Dalyan Mud Bath

Yay! I can post pics to the blog again!! Hope you enjoy the following abbreviated sequence of my mud bath adventures (the whole series can be reached through the Flickr badge in my sidebar)...Maja refused to do the mud bath thing, so the pics are just of me.

Oh, but first, quick story that I've been laughing about all night. Annette and I did a long home visit today, where we kept insisting that the man always walk with his walker/frame. He had a stroke and his left knee buckles and he really isn't safe to walk on his own or with just the stick/cane. When it came time to leave, he followed us to the door, with his walker like a good little doobie, and as the front door shut and locked behind us, we heard a loud thud. Annette and I just stared at each other for a minute, in stunned silence, and next thing I know, Annette is on her knees, pushing open the mail slot in the door trying to see if he's on the floor, calling "Mr. M, Mr. M are you alright?" If he had actually fallen, it wouldn't be funny...but he didn't, and I've been laughing about Annette on her knees, looking for an elderly man on the floor through the mail slot of his front door.

No comments: