Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The appraisal that wasn't

Had my appraisal today, which was really relatively painless. On the upside of things, it forced me to finally collate my Continuing Professional Development Portfolio. There are still a couple of things to tweak, including adding this first UK rotation of mine to my CV, but generally speaking, I now have a portfolio in progress...as long as I keep it updated, it should never be a big project again. The appraisal itself, well it was pretty anti-climatic. In a nutshell, for each category in which I am reviewed, I had to note my evidence, which was a few lines about what I've done, and then a "see portfolio, section___". And my supervisor, while she tried to put a couple of complementary statements in, her comments on my evidence in each category basically amounted to "have seen portfolio, agree with evidence." Bor-ing. Guess I'm going to have to ask her to write a reference letter after all, because a copy of my appraisal isn't going to say much about my skills and professionalism to any future employers.

We do appear to have internet back for the moment...Leeanne has somehow become something of an amateur internet whiz...but she tells me there is still something wrong, which she has reported to BT. So as I hear every morning in the nursing handover meeting, when they don't have all the info on a patient yet, "watch this space!"

No comments: