Wednesday, May 02, 2007

News

I am almost fully settled into my new room now- had to buy some organisational shelving and filing boxes this evening since the desk in this room has no drawers. It was strange at first, having someone else in the room I was in for a little over a year, and I do miss the spaciousness of that room, but I must say I'm quite happy with being away from the traffic noises, and the windows in this room are great! I think it's the only bedroom that gets a cross breeze, which will be more than welcome if this summer is anything like the last one! It's funny, the weather we are getting right now used to be what you'd expect for June and July here. But now we're having it in April/May and it'll be hot and steamy for June, July and August.

Some yummy events coming up-- drinks and dinner al fresco tomorrow night in Canary Wharf, which has an outstanding Thursday night social scene. There's just nothing like having a drink outside next to the water, used to love that in Boston :) Saturday it's Laura's wedding, and a few of us have booked a hotel room to take full advantage of the party and open bar! And we have just now decided to have a little house party on 12th May...both because we want to hang out in the garden and to welcome our new housemate (and good riddance to the old!). Should be a really good time!

No comments: