Friday, May 11, 2007

Floriditas

Last night I went out to a Cuban club in the heart of London. While I don't go out very often on a "work night," a good friend was having a bad day and I agreed to meet her there, along with her cousins who are visiting from the Dominican Republic. They had a live band who were absolutely fantastic and made some pretty decent mojitos too. Floriditas I mean, not the band itself! My feet are aching this morning because I danced the merengue all night-- did you know the merengue originated in the Dominican Republic? I didn't. I'm told I'm pretty good at it ;) And my new third housemate, who didn't realise I would be out so late (then again, neither did I, I was having too much fun to catch the last tube, and stayed until 2am) called to make sure I was okay. How sweet is that?!!

Angelica's cousins are named, get this, Julio Cesar, Julio Alfredo, and...actually I can't remember the third one, he's not here visiting, but it's Julio something. The first brother's name literally translates as Julius Caesar in English. Talk about having to live up to a name!

Oh, and apparently, I look like Drew Barrymore. I have to say, I've never had that one before ;)

No comments: