Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's official...

The staff change form went in this morning, so this was my very first day as a Senior II. It didn't feel any different ;) It turns out my work permit was fine, which means my entry clearance visa is also fine, so I don't have to do another CRB, hooray! I won't get paid as a Senior II this month because it's too late for the cutoff, so at the end of June apparently I will get a bunch of back pay.

I have photos from the wedding this weekend, but the battery on my camera has died and I have apparently left the charger in the US. So I'm afraid I can't post them for a little while. But it was a fantastic time, and felt like it lasted a really long time...I guess it did, if you take into account the whole thing, from the church at 1:30pm to the mimosas prior to the sit-down meal which was at 5pm, and then coffee and tea after that until the reception started around 7:30pm. And it went on until after 1am! I was too busy dancing and talking all night to drink very much, so no hangover the next morning either. The bride and groom had a gorgeous day, and I must say the scenery behind the church was just stunning for the photos. It was just perfect all around, and I must say I feel very settled in the UK now-- I guess it just hit home surrounded by friends at a good friend's wedding :)

And of course, yesterday was a Bank Holiday here in the UK, so I caught up on all the sleep I missed out on at the wedding. Can't wait for the next Bank Holiday at the end of this month (same as Memorial Day weekend in the States for a lot of you), I'll be going to the Lake District!

No comments: