Sunday, May 27, 2007

Helloooo the lake!

Hi to all my favorite people, currently busy opening up the lakehouse for the summer season!!! I'll indulge in a brief moment of self pity for missing out on the virgin voyage of the new boat, meeting Emma the pug, the dock boys, the new frozen drink maker with spigot, Wizard, tuna cheesies, and peanut butter chocolate chip brownies. It just doesn't seem like the start of summer without spending Memorial Day Weekend at the lake! Hope y'all are having fun, I miss everyone.

We have been having cold, rainy and gloomy weather for the holiday weekend here. So we went to the new Pirates movie (better than the second one, worth seeing on the big screen), checked out a popular pub in Wanstead, and tomorrow, we go to Gloucester for the annual Cheese-Rolling competition. Yes, you read that right, cheese-rolling. They roll a big wheel of cheese down a very steep hill, and people chase after it for the glory of winning...wait for it...a wheel of cheese. Apparently it's virtually impossible to stay on your feet whilst chasing, the hill is so steep, and injuries are common. I will have pics and possibly video posted next week.

My big news-- I found out on Friday that I have indeed been assigned the acute stroke unit for my next rotation, which begins on June 25th. I am looking forward to working with this population of patients again, and working closely with my old teammates on the rehab stroke unit, or at least have more of an excuse to spend time with them. Although I'm not as excited about this rotation as I was about the rehab one, I still think there is the potential to learn a lot, and at times, when there are no rehab beds available, we get to do a bit of rehab whilst our patients wait. Plus I do believe two of my favorite physios will be joining me about halfway through the rotation when their rotations change.

Anywho, have a pina colada for me, pump the Jimmy Buffett, beat Don at Wizard, and I hope y'all have a fabulous sunny rest of Memorial Day Weekend! Oh, and Don, bring on the Boggle for 4th of July!!!

No comments: