Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's the end of an era...

I am extremely excited about the new boat, Sam's boat, which has a 190 horsepower engine and should be strong enough to completely avoid me being dragged behind the boat, choking on lake water and with goggles on to protect my contacts, as I try to slalom! It is also apparently a great cruising boat, with canopy and comfy seating for 10, and a built-in cooler for beer!! However, as many of you know, I have a hard time with letting things go at times...like the old green shag carpet that was in my bedroom for umpteen years, the tradition of having a live tree for planting at Christmas, the fact that I have been campaigning against my parents ever selling our house, and now the "old" boat in Vermont which I am told will be sold. But as they say, the only things for certain in this life are that things change and taxes.

No comments: