Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Physios: OTs in disguise?

Well, blogger is doing its thing again...I posted a few photos early this morning, but have thus far been unable to post the rest tonight.

I am exhausted, but no rest for the weary! I've been cleaning house, because Carla arrives tomorrow morning for her UK-blink-and-you'll-miss-it adventure... we're going to cram as much in as possible, including a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge on Friday so that she gets to see more than just London. Unfortunately, I have to be on the tube at 7am tomorrow to meet her at the airport, so no sleeping in for me. Guess I'll just have to indulge in a nap on Sunday.

Gripe of the day...what's with the physical therapists moving in on our turf?! It used to be that physios were the joint and muscle experts, very straightforward stuff. And OTs, well, we were able to claim that what made us unique was our focus on purposeful, meaningful activity, or functional activities if you prefer. And yet these days, physios are pretty much across the board incorporating functional activity goals in their treatment plans. Professional niche stealers! Get back on your side! We were here first!!

No comments: