Thursday, December 07, 2006

Weather Watch

The weather has been all over the map today. This morning it poured rain, then there was a blue sky and sun. Then it hailed and poured rain, then the sun came out again. Then the winds picked up, to the point where whistles and moans could be heard on the wards and in our offices. And just now, as I've been sitting here in the office, trying to catch up on discharge report paperwork, we've had two powercuts due to the high winds. And let me tell you, it's not fun sitting on an abandoned ward, alone, in the pitch dark. Luckily, they didn't last for long. I'm here because I'm running the once monthly relatives' group this evening, after which I will brave the elements to attend a Christmas thing with Nicole at a famous bar in trendy Shoreditch. I have heard, from some of the family members who are already here, that the news stations have been reporting a tornado touched down somewhere in North London earlier today. Well, they do say the weather is very changeable in London ;)

No comments: