Tuesday, December 05, 2006

On birthday plans and cold wars

I've had a great idea for my upcoming birthday, but am rejecting it due to costs: the Eurostar offers a "party train" fare...you leave at 4:30pm and must be back on the train to return to London by 10:30am the next morning, for 38 pounds. Pretty nice! So I was laying in bed, having one of those nights where your mind won't stop so you're just tossing and turning, and suddenly I thought, hey! I know- the cabaret! A live burlesque show! in Paris! I mean, what more could you want for a birthday?! The trouble being, the cabarets seem to all be in the neighborhood of 75-90 euros. And with that, the train fare, and money for drinks, that's just too much to ask of people. :( I can't tell you how sorry I am to be dismissing that plan...

In other news, I have declared war on my cold/being sick. Today I have had pomegranate juice, multivitamin juice, a spicy curry for lunch (and some garlic in the form of garlic-stuffed olives), chicken soup for dinner (to which I added chili pepper flakes), I have drunk all kinds of hot and cold beverages, I bought echinacea and was talked into an elixir that boosts your immune system at the health food store, not to mention the traditional cold & flu meds, cough syrup, cough lozenges and vaporub. This evening, I did not do the strenuous portion of my gym routine, only participating in the pilates-based class instead (which I did not enjoy, generally speaking when they're called pilates-based I don't like them) because I'd been advised that things like running on a treadmill should be avoided during a cold. I have had enough of having colds! I will get rid of this one, and there will NOT be another one lurking around the corner again!! So there. Oh, yes, and I will not be having more than one or two drinks at the various Christmas do's on Thursday and Friday this week.

No comments: