Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Knackered

I'm just back from helping a colleague/friend address her wedding invitations...she doesn't have very nice handwriting, but I can write with a flourish, so she bribed me with free food to come and insert the names, and write addresses for her. The play I saw last night-- a revival of Equus-- was wonderful, and I will write about it tomorrow, but for now I need some sleep. I had another one of those days at work where I took the brunt of a lot of misplaced stroppiness (strop being one of my favorite English terms) and outright anger, so I spent a lot of time explaining, and soothing, and fixing things, and apologising to patients and their families for the medical team, defending the therapy team to the medical team (things like, "Acutally, yes we did page you several times when your registrar did not show up for the family meeting, and no one answered those pages"), and writing last-minute 7-page therapy reports which were unreasonably requested at 2pm for end of day by the nursing staff. Then I went to the gym, and after several hours of writing invitations, I'm ready for some serious shut-eye. Sweet dreams all.

No comments: