Monday, February 26, 2007

Bits and pieces

There's too much to cover from the last several days, so here's the summary.

Little Golden Men: I won't bore you all with the results, I'm sure you were either watching last night, or have heard by now. However, I must add my congrats to Martin Scorsese-- it's a fickle business, pretty embarrassing that it took this long, but he finally got his due. If you haven't had enough Oscar fever, here's a web site with some amusing best and worst moments.

English Comedians: I'm not sure it's a name most of you will know, but Saturday night was the official leaving do for Rob and Nicole. At the restaurant, we ran into an English comedian by the name of Arthur Smith, who among other things does a show here called Grumpy Old Men. He regaled us for a couple of minutes on the pavement outside with bad jokes about Americans before we went our separate ways. (One was something like-- Why do Americans go to war? So they can learn geography.)

Flashbacks of Halftime: On Saturday morning, I went to the gym for a good long run on the treadmill and some weight-lifting. I was on the treadmill, headphones on, when I hear a loud "Hey!" I look to my right just as a tray with orange quarters on it is shoved in front of my face from the helpful gym attendant. I'm sure I looked surprised as I waved her off-- orange slices for someone who is running on a treadmill? It was a nice trip down memory lane to the hundreds and hundreds of soccer games where we always had orange slices for half time, but it seemed a strange thing for a gym.

"As I do my little turn on the catwalk": Sunday I went to London Fashion Weekend at the Natural History Museum with Angelica, our soon to be new housemate as of May 1. It was little more than stalls of people selling clothing, jewelry, shoes, bags, belts, etc although they did have mini catwalk shows every hour or so. Interesting, but probably not something I'd do again.

No comments: