Thursday, March 22, 2007

Water world

Well, we have our third housemate situation sorted out again. An OT who started working at Whipps about 6 months ago came to see the room and house last night, and came back tonight to put down her deposit. So all that wall punching was for nothing, considering how fast the situation was resolved.

I am just back from a girlie night, which is becoming a regular Thursday thing, and attracting more people as we go along. Laura and I had been talking for awhile about meeting up for a swim at my gym once a week, and combining that with dinner or a movie or something, for a girlie night each week. Last week we decided it was high time we put our plan into action, but we called the gym first to check on swimming times, and learned that there would be an aqua aerobics class that night, or water workout as I think they called it. After the first ten minutes or so of laughing ourselves silly, we settled into what really was a pretty good workout. And afterward we had a great dinner and bottle of wine at her flat afterward. This week, Angelica joined us, and I'm just back from the pub...now we didn't undo all our good work, we each only had a half a pint, but it was nice to relax and gossip for a few hours ;) I won't be around for three weeks now for the class, but by the time I get back I think there are at least two more girls who will have joined us...I think we've really started something here!

Tomorrow is my leaving do :( I still have Monday and Tuesday next week, but Friday just seemed like a better night, so we're going out for drinks in Canary Wharf, and dinner at this Thai restaurant that Cecilia has been trying to get us to go to since I started on the unit I think. I'm looking forward to another fun night.

Only 13 days left until Peru!

No comments: