Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Brrrrr

Happy first day of Spring! After our beautiful sunshiny and warm weather all week last week, this week we're back to chilly temps and biting winds. Haven't really used my scarf all winter, but I needed it today. How ironic.

We celebrated here by finding out that the girl who was supposed to be moving in with us in a month is backing out. I wasn't happy about it, and I let her know that I thought she handled the whole process poorly...after swearing up and down that she wanted to save money for a year to buy a house and that she was definitely going to take the room, she then applied for a loan through the NHS and local Housing Association, and is now trying to buy a house asap. However, I do understand that we all have to look out for number one and do what is best for ourselves, and Nicole and I do have a month to find ourselves someone else. The lesson learned being to keep showing the house and advertising the room until someone puts down a deposit, and no exceptions even for friends.

Now my crazy housemate on the other hand, the one who is moving out end of April, she came home with her wrist wrapped up in some crazy sort of homemade bandage. Yes, she apparently punched a wall when she got my email about the physio backing out and how we'd have to advertise for a housemate again. Nicole and I were rather incredulous and queried anger management issues-- her reply was, "Well what must I do with my anger? That was my anger management!" Considering her moaning and groaning and complaints about swollen knuckles tonight, it's going to be a long second half of the week.

However, for me the countdown is on for a week until my flight home, and a week and a half until our flight to PERU!!

No comments: