Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Stress brings out the best...

Nothing like a little rush deadline to liven the day up! I was supposed to do a presentation for nurses and therapy staff as part of my objectives on this rotation. Except my supervisor forgot to check the dates and which unit is assigned to which date (we rotate the presentations among the elderly rehab unit, our stroke rehab unit, and the nursing team), and as she discovered yesterday, I'm out of time. Two weeks from now, the elderly rehab team has a presentation all lined up about Infection Control, and it cannot be changed. For some reason, they don't want me to do my presentation next week (the trainings take place every other week, next week is meant to be an off week), which leaves....this Thursday afternoon. I was given this information this morning, as my supervisor was looking at me saying, now if this is too quick, just say so. But like a deer in headlights I heard myself saying, "No, it's fine, I'll be ready for Thursday." She has given me the afternoon off tomorrow to use some personal study time to prepare, but still! Sounds familiar for some reason-- oh yeah, I had two days to put together a power point presentation for that interview I had out in Bristol a while back.

However, I also got some good news today-- Barbara has received approval to advertise for Senior 2's, so as of next Thursday most likely, the advert will go up on the intranet, and I can apply.

No comments: