Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A brief interlude with snow

Lots of things happening around here. I woke up this morning to find an inch of snow on the ground- good packing snow too!!! It was gone by the time I left work this afternoon though :( Most of you probably know I absolutely love snow, so unfortunately this was just kind of a tease. Guess I'd better put together a ski weekend in Austria or something if I want to really see some snow this winter. It's finally starting to act like winter, what with this small bit of snow, and I actually had to wear my winter coat one day this week. I suppose it's too much to hope for a real snow storm around these parts.

I've got some more pics from my birthday weekend, although I've realized I didn't take any at the pub on Friday night. Oops. It was such a crazy day at work, with me running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I guess I was just too busy relaxing with friends and colleagues to think of my camera at the bottom of my bag.

Speaking of birthdays, my blog is officially one year old today. Who knew I'd keep this up for that long?! It certainly helped to keep me sane during my day hospital rotation. I don't blog as often now as I did whilst working there, but I still look forward to writing, and getting emails with people's responses and comments. Although, y'all do still remember you can click on the word "comment" and leave a comment right on the blog, yeah? ;)

Oh, and speaking of birthdays again, my Dad's is coming up. He and my mom were in Florida this past weekend for a surprise 60th birthday for Jenn's mom, at the Disney World resort. Yup, whilst I was partying here in London, they were partying in Orlando. Oh yeah, and Tress was partying in DC since she is still hanging around home for medical treatment of her arms (poor thing, she's bored stiff and can't wait to be cleared to go back to Africa). We get around as a family, eh? So my mom, sister, and I arranged for a luxury bass fishing trip for my Dad whilst he was down there-- I initially wanted to send him deep sea fishing, but for various reasons, we switched to bass fishing closer to Orlando. I think that's probably the first original gift I've ever thought of for my Dad. I always try to get personal when I give gifts, and I'm usually pretty successful, but I've been stumped for as far back as I can remember with my Dad. Oh, he's a Terry Pratchett fan, so I always buy the latest books, he loves puzzles, so I get interesting puzzles for him...but I was very proud of this fishing idea, and apparently he had a great time. Yay!

Tomorrow begins the second module of my Bobath course, which I am very excited about, so I'll just post a few more pics now, and then I need to read through the material we were given for tomorrow. One of my patients has been chosen to be our patient model, so I'm really looking forward to getting normal movement treatment ideas for her!

No comments: