Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Boo!

Although I am prepared this year, so far no trick-or-treaters tonight. Halloween has indeed become much much bigger over here, but a lot of people seem to resent it, and see no point to the holiday...I heard a number of my colleagues saying they were going to keep the lights off, or stay upstairs all night and not answer the door. Several people described as a night for little beggars who run around demanding candy for free and egg your house if you say no or don't have any candy. I felt a bit sad because it makes me think that although the trappings of the holiday have made it over here, the meaning and the traditions behind it have not.

I am busily packing at the moment, because I leave for NJ tomorrow night-- Jenn's wedding is this weekend!!! I'm sure I'll pay for the whirlwind trip when I'm back at work on Tuesday morning, but it will be completely worth it!

Happy Halloween, everyone! And that means Thanksgiving is just around the corner... :)

No comments: