Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Poppink wisdom

In having a brief look over the posts I’ve written to date, I’ve decided that short posts are definitely better, given my tendency to rambling, and not necessarily getting everything out of my head onto the paper, er, screen (which means occasional gaps in my logic). Some of you have previously known me as the Queen of Long Emails and Voicemails, but I’ve gotten better, really I have.

Aesthetically, I will be looking into changing the background, when I have the time to re-do the html codes on a new background template, since some people think the dots have the potential to hypnotize readers into a deep sleep…Viv.

Finally, my Conspiracy Theory blog caught my eye and made me think of my grandfather…I thought I’d share with y'all some of the famous Poppink philosophy he has passed on to his descendants. This retort is often quoted by his children and grandchildren, as are lines from my late grandmother such as “Well, laaaa dee dah!” Anyway, were my grandfather to read the Conspiracy Theory blog right now, his response would be, “My name is Magellan, I’ve sailed around the world seven times, and yours is the saddest story I have ever heard by far.”

It’s all about perspective.

No comments: