Monday, April 21, 2008

I should be an events planner, I really should.

Whew! The planning is finished! And I'm not just referring to Cape Town here...but since I've started off there, we went back and forth this weekend, and finally settled on an itinerary we were both satisfied with. I think Wickus may be even more excited than me at this point because when he goes home, he normally stays in Cape Town, but we will be going out to the Eastern Cape, as far as Knysna! We'll be staying two nights in Tsitsikamma National Park at a romantic tree-top log cabin, two nights at a game reserve (with two game drives per day, as well as horseback riding and a cheetah experience at their breeding centre), two nights in Hermanus with W's family (a relax at the beach weekend) and the rest in Cape Town itself. I managed to talk W into hiking up Table Mountain rather than taking the cable car (hee hee), we have a day set aside for working our way through the wine farms, and we'll be going to Boulders beach to see and walk among the penguins!!! And that's maybe half of our plans. Hard to believe it's only 9 days now until we leave...

I have also finished planning (with Tressa's valuable input of course) our retirement surprise for our parents. They know some of what is happening, but I've still got several tricks up my sleeve. I'm really quite chuffed (er, patting myself on the back) with the end result, and I hope it's an amazing experience for them.

Right, it's already past bed time, and I've still got a new Scrubs episode to watch, now that the writer's strike is over and Season 7 episodes have started arriving via iTunes again, so "Th-th-th-that's all for now folks!"

No comments: