Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catching up

I've had some nice catch-up chats with people lately...Viv and Jo in particular. I was meant to see Kristy in person, as she came over to England for four days, and I was perfectly happy to go out to Oxford to see her. However, her sister (who lives in Oxford) surprised her with a trip to a cottage on the Scottish border, so I didn't get to see her at all, and she flew back home today.

I've also been busily working away, trying to tie up my caseload for the end of my rotation in a week and a half now, and finish off projects that my supervisor will need to see at my review on Monday. Put that together with a student who is finishing her placement at the same time as I finish my rotation, and a caseload with patients who need tons of social input, and you have a fairly stressed out bunny, as they would say here.

But tomorrow I'll take a break...W is taking me to the opera, so we are having our Valentine's night tomorrow. We are going to see Mozart's Magic Flute at the Royal Opera House. Hope I like opera, as it's 3.5 hours long!

And on Friday we take off for Budapest. Now that's some serious relaxation, as they are well known for their thermal baths ;-) We'll be staying at the Danubius Hotel Gellert, which includes free entrance to their thermal baths (among the most famous in the city). A little bit of trivia which I didn't know but some of you might-- the city is divided by the Danube river, so there are actually two parts, Buda and Pest.

No comments: