Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good times, good times

I am back in the UK, yes, and have put off blogging the past few days due to some major jet-lag. OK, ok, probably more in the minor-ish category, given I have yet to deal with coming back from someplace half way around the world. Still, it knocked me for a loop, and for my half day at work on Monday and yesterday, I was pretty much a zombie. Today I was half human and actually got some real work done ;)

Some of my favourite things from last week at Wissahickon...driving the new boat, woohoo! Sam took a skeptical look at my VT boat license, but made a leap of faith and let me take over the wheel, even encouraging me to open it up to high speeds (which I happily complied with)...and I have now been designated as the old fogey driver, and can claim 4 skiers and 2 tubers to my driving record. And you can plug your Ipod into the boat stereo, as well as bring on your drinks (there are a ton of cupholders plus intergrated cooler). Other boat related things-- I tried and successfully pulled off a dock start when waterskiing behind the new powerful boat, video to follow, and double-skiied with Chris, another first for Wissahickon. We talked about double slalom-skiing, but I still need to work on my slalom take-off before we try that one. We went to the 4th of July parade in Poultney, which I had not seen before, and the rodeo in Castleton, which we hadn't been to in years, all the kids went tubing with various adults, including Owen who is not yet 4 for his first tube ride ever with his mom, and we introduced ice cream cake to Jo and James for Jo's birthday. Oh yes, and the water balloon launcher made a re-appearance, and who was able to hit the neighbour who was taunting us on his jetski? Me, that's who!!

Anyway, here are some pics...I was given strict instructions to only choose flattering ones.

No comments: