Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Proscratination (substituted into the song for the game Operation)

I am supposed to be attempting to finish off the write-up for an audit I foolishly agreed to do during this very short rotation, so that my supervisor can look it over tomorrow and make suggestions for revision before Friday, which is my last day on this rotation, officially at any rate. As of Monday I'm on the acute stroke unit. Small yay!

Supposedly I will also be receiving my new mobile tomorrow- bigger yay! My mom needed to speak to me today about a matter of some urgency, but wasn't sure how to reach me knowing my mobile was out of commission (and it is officially dead now...it took until today to dry it out, it came to life--sort of-- for about 5 seconds when I powered it up, flickered a bit, then gave up the ghost). So she called the landline at home, and fortunately for her, my housemate Sheena was home having taken a half day to do some continuing education stuff. Sheena gave her the 411 on how to reach me at the hospital. I happened to be the one to pick up the phone in the office, and although my brain registered it was my mom's voice saying "Allison? Is that you?" it took me a while to register it was her, because I was at work, and I knew she didn't have that contact info. So I think I said something stupid like "Mom??!?! How did you find me here?" And then I became even more confused because she said a girl answered the phone at home and gave her the hospital number. And I said," But I saw Sheena here at work this morning, and I'm sure Nicole went into work as well!" My mom, rightfully thinking this was irrevelant and trying to move on to the purpose of her call, got a bit annoyed because I kept after it. All I could keep thinking was, who the heck is in our house??! So I kept questioning her, and she said the person had a British accent, so I eventually let it drop, thinking maybe it was Sheena after all...but I couldn't really let it rest until I had hung up with my mom, called home, and confirmed it was really had been Sheena.

Anywho, here are some wise words from Mom #3 that I thought I'd share with all of you...okay, so they're not hers exactly, but she shared them with me via a forwarded email ;)

TEQUILA AND SALT

This should probably be taped to your bathroom mirror where one could read it everyday. You may not realize it, but it's 100% true.

1. There are at least two people in this world that you would di e for.
2. At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.
3. The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because they want to be just like you.
4. A smile from you can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.
5. Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.
6. You mean the world to someone.
7. You are special and unique.
8. Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.
9. When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.
10. When you think the world has turned its back on you tak e another look.
11. Always remember the compliments you received. Forget about the rude remarks.

And always remember...when life hands you Lemons, ask for tequila and salt, and call me over!
Good friends are like stars........You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

No comments: