Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wooohoooo!

"I'm in the money, I'm in the money, I've got a lot of what it takes to get along!" That's partly in deference to my own musical theatre obsession where for a lot of things in life I find myself singing show tunes in my head...but it also reminds me that Aunt Sue and Emma are in NYC this week, attending as many Broadway musicals as possible. Ah, a trip after my own heart. I dragged my family to four musical and dramatic productions during our first trip to London. As I recall it was actually something like 4 shows in 3 days. Anywho, congrats on graduation Em, hope you are loving the Big Apple!

Back to the whole hullabaloo--I have won the housemate lose weight contest! Which means the kitty goes to me, albeit I don't really expect to ever see the money that one particular housemate owes, ahem!, as she has not paid into it at all and represents the largest portion of money that should have been in there. Seriously though, I am proud of myself that the only time I gained weight was whilst on holiday in SA, and I have so far lost 8 pounds overall. I'm not actually finishing now that our bet is over, I have my own goal weight set to reach and maintain, and I'm happy that along the way I'm re-educating myself about healthy foods, healthy portion sizes, and learning to recognize my bad habits.

Go Allison, it's your birthday!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, we saw November with Nathan Lane, Gypsy with Patty Lupone, Sunday in the Park with George with the London leads, and Young Frankenstein. Sutton Foster was Inga in Young Frankenstein and I had to point out to Emma that Sutton in not really human. Her acting, singing and dancing abilities are way beyond human.

Also, with Emma's choir in early May, we saw Mary Poppins and the revival of South Pacific.

AND we saw all six with their original casts. The perfect graduation present for Emma!