Thursday, September 27, 2007

Promises, promises

I know, I know, I've said I was going to do better with the blogging and I think I've actually done worse! But a lot has been happening. I've been having health issues, I have an OT student with me at work for 7 weeks which means I'm constantly on the go, whether it's my own work or supervising her or bringing extra work home at night, and I was able to make it to Michigan this past weekend for my grandfather's memorial service. Although we all knew my grandfather was a great and special man, he was never one to toot his own horn, and we didn't realize just how great and special he truly was until we started to hear all the stories from people in Sault Ste Marie over the weekend. He was larger than life, and made a difference in who knows how many hundreds of lives over the years. I only hope I can make an ounce of the difference that he made, and try to live with "service above self" as he did. I think my cousin Casey put it best when he said that "If actions speak louder than words, then Grandpa was screaming good deeds..."

Back at the beginning of September I was in the Peak District for a beautiful, action-packed weekend. I have lots of photos and I will post some I promise. Those of you on Facebook have probably seen them already. However, I'm off for a whirlwind weekend in Amsterdam tomorrow, so I won't be doing a proper update here until next week, and will hopefully have Amsterdam pictures to add also. Love to all, Allison :)

No comments: